Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Surviving Bay Area Summers: Layering Rompers


"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." – anonymous

You've all probably heard this oft-repeated quote about the summertime weather in the Bay Area. (Although you may not have known it wasn't said by Mark Twain.) Having lived in the Bay Area for some time now, let me tell you that this witticism is true....just not all the time. In fact, more often than not, the weather in the Bay is frustratingly inconsistent. It'll be foggy and freezing when you wake up, then by midday it's hot as hell, and as night falls, you face the cold once more. (And sometimes it's not even that predictable.) So, how does one survive this moody weather style-wise? 

The answer, lovely readers, is layers. They not only keep you warm, but they also let you wear some of those summer pieces in your closet that you've been hiding from the cold weather. So, for this style post, I wanted to show you some layered outfits that I came up with involving a summer style staple––rompers. I hope these ensembles inspire you to think of new and creative ways to battle the unpredictable Bay Area weather.

1. From Flowered to Knot-Powered


Heat Wave:




A Little Chilly: Added Tights, a Shirt and Boots.




Freezing Cold: Added 3/4-Sleeve Sweater.





Romper: Mom's closet
Shirt: Mom's closet (Ann Taylor)
Sweater: Gap
Boots: Random closet find

2. From Beachy Keen to a Bohemian Scene


Heat Wave:




A Little Chilly: Added Thick Tights, a Cardigan, and Heels




Freezing Cold: Added Jean Jacket




Romper: Mom's Closet
Cardigan: Swap Meet
Jean Jacket: Goodwill Find


3. From Très Chic to Le 80s Artiste


Heat Wave:




A Little Chilly: Added Vest and Tights



 

Freezing Cold: Added a Shirt and a Hat.




Romper: Nordstrom Rack
Vest: Mom's Closet
Oversized Shirt: Mom's Closet
Hat: H&M

I realized that I forgot to acknowledge the photographer in my last post and I'd like to retroactively thank my boyfriend Ben for his help during that shoot and the one for this post. He helped put me at ease so that I could show the world my inner fierceness goofiness, and he took lots of beautiful shots. (Even the one of me yawning was interesting!) Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Awww, you looked adorable. Loved the first layered outfit. :)

    Step into Estherina's World

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, your photos are so fun... you're inspiring me to get silly in front of the camera!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It helps to have some fun music to dance to!

      Delete

Dear reader,

Thanks so much for taking a look at my blog and thanks in advance for taking the time to tell me what you think! Each and every one of your comments is cherished and appreciated!

lots of love,

Briana