Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Welcome to Fueled By New!

Hello dearest reader and welcome to Fueled By New! Let me tell you a little bit about who I am and why I wanted to start this little experiment.



My name is Briana. I am a recent graduate of UC Berkeley. (Incidentally, "recent graduate" is my favorite euphemism for wistful young individual faced with the formidable task of finding a job/career/life in these tough times and longing for the bygone days of student life.) Anyways, if you couldn't tell already, I absolutely adored my time at Cal. I loved being a student, my classes were inspirational, and I frequently left lectures feeling energized by the new ideas I heard. 

But, now that I'm in the midst of transitioning into the so-called real world, I have mixed feelings about my new circumstances. While the next stage of my life brings the excitement of endless possibilities, without the structure of school and with all the reflection on how my choices in the present affect my future, it can also trigger overwhelmed feelings and identity crises. Not only that, but 
adjusting to "adult life" is also a daunting task for any young person, let alone anyone who is determined to live life to the fullest like I am. 

So I'm starting Fueled By New partially as a way to push myself to embrace all the new things in my life. (
As they say, the best defense is a good offense.) I also want to become comfortable trying new things so that I never stop myself from doing all the things I want to do in life and so that I keep an open-minded viewpoint about the world. And, though my last blog (Alimentary My Dear) was loads of fun, I want a place where I can write about anything that interests me and not just food. 

Anyways, I'm making this all sound way more serious than it is.  I also just want to do a bunch of fun new things and share them with you in an honest, down-to-earth way. (And maybe hone my creative writing and editing skills for my job search along the way).  As I mentioned in my about page, I don't have a ton of resources in terms of time, energy and money, but I'll use all the creativity and dedication in my arsenal to make this blog –– and all the little new things in it –– entertaining for you to read. Hope you enjoy!

P.S. Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear reader,

Thanks so much for taking a look at my blog and thanks in advance for taking the time to tell me what you think! Each and every one of your comments is cherished and appreciated!

lots of love,

Briana